Galloway, Janice. "Not Flu".
- an investigation into the relationship of Rachel and Peter
- Peter invites a Dutch friend to their home to practise the language
- Rachel fails not only in communication with the Dutchman because she does not speak the language but also in communication with Peter
- Peter falls sick and Rachel attends to him, but from her point of view, the problem is "not flu"
- concentrates on building up atmosphere rather than action
- the silent tragedy of failing communication
- the different worlds of men and women: Rachel tries to intrude in the company of Peter and his Dutch friend and is rejected
AuthorGalloway, Janice. (b. 1955).
Full Title"Not Flu".
First PublishedIn: Where You Find It. London: Jonathan Cape, 1996.
Galloway, Janice. "Valentine". Where You Find It. London: Jonathan Cape, 1996.