Morgan, Edwin. "Glasgow Green".
- free verse, irregular stanza, irregular line
- describes a night in Glasgow full of shadows and implied threads
- begins to describe a scene of violent argument and cuts it off as unfinished
- states that this is not only a nightmare, this is life
- juxtaposes the night by the river Clyde and a peaceful day at the same place
- addresses Providence who watches both the positive and the negative aspects of life
- concludes with an image of symbolical defeat of the positive and victory of the negative
AuthorMorgan, Edwin. (b. 1920).
Full Title"Glasgow Green".
Morgan, Edwin. "Glasgow Green". Collected Poems. Manchester: Carcanet Press, 1990.