Morgan, Edwin. "The First Men on Mercury".
- a bizzare dialogue between the men arriving to the Mercury and the Mercury natives
- the men attempt to explain their peaceful intentions and describe the Earth
- the natives react in nonsense sounds
- gradually the language of nonsense onomatopoeic sounds infects the men and the natives seems to shift toward a more meaningful expression
- the conclusion clearly says the men are not wanted
AuthorMorgan, Edwin. (b. 1920).
Full Title"The First Men on Mercury".
Morgan, Edwin. "The First Men on Mercury". Collected Poems. Manchester: Carcanet Press, 1990.