Rossetti, Christina. "Song - When I am dead".
- a simple yet moving love song/melodic poem
- the speaker addresses her "dearest" and asks not to be mourned after her death
- wishes for no sad songs and no flowers, but for green grass to cover her grave
- gives her lover a free choice whether he will like to remember or forget her
- sadly yet peacefully contemplates she will neither see nor hear in "the twilight" of her coffin, and maybe she will remember and maybe she will forget
AuthorRossetti, Christina. (1830 - 1894).
Full Title"Song - When I am dead".
Rossetti, Christina. "Song - When I am dead". The Norton Anthology of English Literature. Ed. M. H. Abrams. NY: Norton, 1993.